Solar energy is free, and its supplies are unlimited. Using solar energy produces no air or water pollution. Households with an electric water heater consume about 6,400 KW per year for water heating. If we assume that the electricity is generated by a typical power plant with an efficiency of 30%, then the water heater generates about 8 tons of CO2.
The surprising result is that the CO2 produced by a water heater is almost double that produced by a modern automobile. * On average, a solar water heater in Florida can produce 90 – 95% of your hot water needs, reducing your carbon footprint over 10,000 pounds annually. That is more than the average car, plus it saves the equivalent of 11.4 barrels of oil.
BENEFITS OF SOLAR WATER HEATING INCLUDE:
- Reduces Dependence On Fossil Fuel and Foreign Oil
- Reduces Co2 And Sulfur Dioxide Emissions
- Qualifies For Up To $2000 In Federal Tax Credits
- Qualifies For $500 Florida rebate
- Qualifies For Many Utility Company Rebates
- Exempt From Florida State Sales Tax
- Protects From Future Rate Increases
- Increases Property Value
- Provides Hot Water During Power Outages
- Tax-Free Savings
*Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Resources: Aquatherm Solar Supply
Our Services Include:
- Solar Pool Heating: Get the most out of your pool investment with free solar energy. Enjoy your pool 10-11 months a year!
- Solar Hot Water Heating: Solar hot water systems can provide you with up to 95% of your hot water needs. With a 30% Federal tax credit and $500 state rebate, this is a borderline “no brainer”. Reduce our dependance on foreign oil.
- Energy Efficient Heat Pump Pool Heaters: Not one type of pool heater is right for every situation. Heat pumps will heat your pool for less than half the cost of propane gas. Reduce your co2 emissions.
Broward Solar Inc. – Your choice for South Florida Solar Water Heating Services
124 SE Wells Drive Stuart, Florida 34996
Broward – (954) 492-9939 – Martin/St. Lucie – (772) 223-9259
Palm Beach (561) 347-0179 – Toll Free: (800) 757-8414
Read the complete Article: http://www.southfloridabusinessworld.com/2012/12/green-easier-solar-hot-water/